Hurford Sports Floors are produced with a specialised drying process that results in the great quality and stability of a hardwood that is idea for sports floor applications. Dance Studios and indoor sports centres find maximum benefit from this type of flooring. Basketball courts, volleyball courts, handball courts, futsal pitches, aerobics, and gyms are just a handful the many types of use for this performance flooring.
If you require a great quality performance flooring please contact us for further Hurford product information.
Look No Further for Premium Hardwood Flooring in Sydney
Elite Flooring & Interiors has over twenty-five years of experience in supplying and installing hardwood flooring in Sydney.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Hardwood Floors in Sydney
As a leading supplier and installer of hardwood floors in Sydney, we’ve come across some of the more common mistakes that could occur.
- Firstly, an inexperienced contractor may not prepare the subfloor properly. When this happens, you could end up with loose boards that will eventually require replacement. Even worse, your floors could warp or crack. We understand the importance of ensuring the excellent quality of the subfloor to extend and maintain the lifespan of your hardwood floors.
- You should also be careful to check the level of humidity. When the air is drier, the wood usually contracts, but it swells again when there is more moisture in the air. When this process happens continuously, you’ll soon have to replace your damaged flooring. You should be aware of extreme seasonal changes in moisture levels and account for these when installing your hardwood flooring in Sydney.
- Another error we have come across all too often is poor planning in terms of layout. Planks of wood naturally create long lines, but inadequate measurements could lead to wastage of materials and shoddy workmanship.
It is essential that you feel comfortable with the contractor you choose to install your flooring. We are transparent throughout the process and will be happy to answer any questions you may have along the way.
Key Questions to Ask Elite Flooring & Interiors About Hardwood Floors in Sydney
People often ask us the same questions about the flooring we install, so we’d like to answer some of them for you.
- Can I install a timber floor on concrete? You can. Speak to our timber specialist, who will advise you on the best way forward.
- Will you move my existing floor covering and furniture before you proceed with the installation of my flooring? We will provide a quote to do this – the cost is usually minimal.
- Is there a difference in the hardness of timber floors? Yes, there will be. The hardness of the timber depends on the species of the tree. We use a Janka rating to determine the hardness of any particular wood. A higher Janka rating means the timber is harder.
- Will there be a variation in the colour of my timber flooring? It is entirely natural for variations to occur because every tree is different–this is especially true of native species.
About Elite Flooring & Interiors
Although we officially opened our doors a year and a half ago, we have amassed over twenty-five years of experience in the flooring industry. We take pride in offering premium quality products and installations at an affordable cost. Our business is family-owned and operated, so we understand the importance of sticking to our agreed schedule and budget.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you’d like any further information or if you’d like to arrange for a free estimate.